We had our monthly medical billing company owner group meeting last week. The topic was “Marketing When You Don’t Have The Time”. We had many medical billing company owners from across the country on the call. These companies have 15-35 employees. We spoke about different ideas on how to grow your medical billing business. For the purpose of this article I want to discuss “How To Create A WordPress Blog”.
Creating a blog is the easiest and probably the most inexpensive way to drive traffic to your website. You can have your blog installed in a few easy steps:
1) I am assuming that you have a website. If you don’t you should obtain a website URL, build your website and then come back and read this article.
2) Speak to your web-designer and see if they can install a WordPress blog on your site. Most web-designers will do this for you either for free with your site or for a small fee. They should provide you with the WordPress url, username and password. They should customize the blog theme and add features like contact forms, galleries, sliders, etc, this is usually done with WordPress plugins. If you do not have a web-designer, our web-design team at 4D Global can help you get this setup.
3) WordPress is extremely user friendly and easy to navigate.
Click on Post – Add New you will see an editor area where you can write your first post and title
Once you’re done writing, go ahead and click on the Publish button on the right to publish your first blog post to the world.
On the posts screen, you will notice several other sections such as Categories and Tags. You can use these to organize your blog posts. This also helps with your search engine ranking.
5) Customization & Plug-Ins – Once you have written your first blog post, you may want to get started with adding other usual elements on your website such as a contact form and about page
6) Articles are easy to find, you can post information about healthcare news, coding, specialty specific issues and solutions. Remember, if you know the prospects you are targeting, it is easy to write about your prospective clients pain points and how you can solve them.
Good luck! Please reach out if you have any comments or questions. 4D Global is here to help you grow and scale your medical billing business.